insight and MEASUREMENT
Speaking and Training
David speaks to companies and at conferences about communication and questionnaire design. It isn’t so simple. Our questionnaires are a form of communication, yet we did not evolve to write or answer questionnaires. We evolved to talk! On top of that, our questionnaires are a key lens through which we look to form our attitudes and to make key decisions. David shows many examples of questions that you will think are just fine, but have serious flaws. Then he shows how to fix these questions.
Customized Questionnaire Design Workshops
These workshops summarize key learnings from over 50 years of scientific study of the survey response. You will learn a state-of-the-art process to ensure your surveys support decisions, while at the same time save time and money. So the workshops “hit home” for everyone, we include examples from your work.
- State-of-the-art consulting skills/tools to ensure you get the right information for decision-making, while at the same time save time and money
- Key examples from 50 years of scientific study on how to avoid bias and error
- Guidelines from published literature on how to make questions clear, answerable, easy and unbiased
- Guidelines on scaling (e.g., semantic differential, scale length, whether to name the midpoints, how to avoid acquiescence and satisficing, etc.)
- How to get better information from open-ended questions
- Serious pitfalls from ‘select from list’ questions
- Many examples of how to make questionnaires shorter, more conversational, and ultimately, less expensive
- Examples from your questionnaires will be integrated into the material
- Returned copies of your questionnaires with suggested edits and detailed comments
- An overview of how to properly pre-test a questionnaire
- Up to 20 copies of the book, The Complete Guide to Writing Questionnaires: How to Get Better Information for Better Decisions